INtroductory Blog for the ARC . Like a Hero does

My Life has been a story of never giving up ; and having faith in times when I didn't think I could be confident at all . Its that strength and determination to helped me reach my goals and has pulled me through so many tough times . I have rebelled and proven why I deserve to come to the result differently . My disability of cerebral palsy has required me to find unique solutions to everyday problems . It causes me to be creative with how I do things . I struggle with driving , walking and being solely independent . These hardships have robbed me of freedom . I must depend upon others to drive me to work , mentor me and assist me with other physically demanding tasks . 

One of the reasons I love marketing is that it gives me a place to bring attention to and promote to the needs of the disabled that I believe are not being sufficiently met .My input will hopefully bring solutions to problems .My largest struggle has been transportation . I applied for the Washington County Commuter two years ago and I have still not been provided the Para- Transit service . I have tried to even get advocation counseling and I end up still waiting . Next , I am researching Service Coordinators to see if they can help . Other advocacy programs like the Developmental Disabled Association haven't helped because they place restrictions of qualification such as level of intelligence; and Rights for Independence has small local Hagerstown chapter that could only speak on behalf of the disabled that only let the counselor know of their client's immediate progress . 

A hero is someone that achieves what others would think was impossible ; a sign of eternal strength . I have had many people in my life that are examples of that and I'm inspired to keep going! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jen wilkin in his image intro and chapter 1 God Most holy

In His image Ch 7 God Most Faithful

In his Image Chapter 8 God Most patient