ARC Blog 8 Dont let stuttering stop you from speaking from your heart

Stuttering  has always been a disability of mine . It's  a part of my cerebral palsy  that  is my inability  to speak clearly . but I've never let this  short - coming stop from talking . I have an extensive mental vocabulary to communicate with others  and I love using huge , complicated words . All  of my school presentations were a challenge , but I didn't use my disability as an excuse to get exempt  from them I simply adapted the presentations to only present for the teacher to make me feel for comfortable  . I even passed college public  speaking , where we were expected to write a speech every week . I never felt afraid  to speak in front of class or in public . I have learned how to ignore the fear of what people will think of me . My most successful were my 3 college Business presentations - Ethics , Management - Senior Cap Stone ,  and New Venture . All of them counted for half my final grade .  This was serious business . My instructors were trying to teach  us  what it would be like in the real world . In the real world , we are expected to communicate clearly  and get to work on time ; we are expected to complete  our responsibilities to the best of our ability . My instructors were understanding and graded me largely on my ideas , content and business knowledge .

Many  celebrities have been known to  stutter and have used other forms of communication such as singing and acting to speak and express themselves more effectively .  Singer  Carly Simon is a famous person  generous enough to share her struggles publicly  . I have  also improved with speaking  because I am expected to represent and promote myself as best I can  in job interviews .Speaking  may be a challenge for me , but I refuse to let it stand in my  way of what I love to do - which is to promote businesses and inspire others .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jen wilkin in his image intro and chapter 1 God Most holy

In His image Ch 7 God Most Faithful

In his Image Chapter 8 God Most patient